BRAIN HEALTH IN YOUR 50's
NUTRITION & AGING
Maintaining optimal brain health in your 50's can be challenging, but certainly acheivable. Life in your 50's can be extremely fulfilling and comforting. The exhausting days of raising young kids are likely behind you, and spending time with your grandchildren and pursing personal interests and passions are on the horizon. You have invested your time in building a successful career, raising a family, and now have attained the confidence and wisdom that comes with decades of hard-earned experience under your belt.
Life is good, but it's busy. If you're like most fifty-somethings, more than likely you are still juggling significant responsibilities. It's not uncommon for those in their 50's to be dealing with older kids at home while simultaneously caring for aging parents. And then there's the continual pressure of maintaining a home and managing finances.
In the daily grind of life, it's easy to overlook the simple but important steps we can and should take to ensure that our body and brain continue to function optimally as we age. We know a nutritious diet and regular exercise can help keep our bodies remaining strong and healthy. But what can we do for brain health in our 50's?
This miraculous organ consists of 100 billion nerve cells which create connections that facilitate a tremendous range of bodily functions—from regulating mood, metabolic function and heart rate to involuntary and voluntary muscle control.
Our brain is also home to our most precious memories. It helps us experience the world around us. It moves us through life. We owe it to ourselves to do all we can to maintain its function.
HOW OUR BRAIN CHANGES OVER 50 YEARS OF AGING
Our brain is dynamic and continually changes over time. Yet, it's important to know that cognitive decline is not inevitable with age. Here's the good news: During your 50's you are still capable of producing new brain cells, and the brain's capacity to learn new things remains strong.
Delays in accessing memories and mild forgetfulness (e.g. forgetting what you went out to the garage to get) are not uncommon brain health issues in your 50's, but not to fear-unless forgetfulness is a consistent problem that starts to seriously impact your life and worry your loved ones, it's not likely a sign of something serious. However, it is a sign that it is time to look at the health of your brain and to take the steps to prevent further brain aging.
MAINTAIN YOUR BRAIN HEALTH AS YOU AGE INTO THE 50'S AND BEYOND..
There are scientifically validated measures you can take to keep your brain functioning optimally in your 50s and beyond. A healthy lifestyle is fundamental. This includes embracing a routine which includes regular exercise, a nutrient dense diet, intellectual stimulation, and social activity.
Together, these can all help keep your brain sharp and mentally fit.
What if you could do more?
Science shows that including a brain nutrition supplement that is specifically formulated to support and maintain your brain function together with healthy diet and lifestyle can be extremely beneficial as you age. This is where CogGevity® Advanced Brain Nutrition can help. Safe, effective, and backed by science, CogGevity is a new dietary supplement containing six key ingredients, each of which has been shown in clinical research to have substantial benefits in support of healthy brain function. Additionally, this proprietary formula includes a patented combination of two of the primary ingredients:
- Longvida® Optimized Curcumin+*: A substance found in the common curry spice turmeric, curcumin has been shown in studies to have antioxidant, phytochemical, and anti-inflammatory properties. Longvida® has been formulated to be highly bioavailable, which is critical for proper absorption into the bloodstream.
- EPA & DHA: Essential omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA support healthy neurotransmitter function, synaptic membrane structure, and stability and fluidity of cellular membranes.*
- Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract: Green tea extract contains powerful antioxidants that have neuroprotective effects, support cognitive function, and reduce the formation of free radicals (which can lead to premature aging) in the body.*
- Fisetin: A flavonoid (plant chemical) compound naturally found in fruits and vegetables, fisetin contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help support neuronal survival and promote healthy mitochondrial function.*
- Vitamin D: An essential nutrient, Vitamin D works with EPA & DHA to support cognitive function, boost mood, and support the immune system.*
+ Longvida ((US Pat 9192644, EU Pat 1993365) is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc. All Rights Reserved © 2017 Verdure Sciences.
Includes a patented synergistic blend of DHA and Fisetin. US. Pat. No.9,254,280